Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is your job all that it is cracked up to be?

Good day Readers

Is working for a company and or boss fullfilling your needs?
I have worked for various companies and in different fields and have come to find that not once in any of those jobs have I been challanged enough or stimulated enough to stick around for very long. Now that is just me, I'm not advocating that we all go and give up our jobs in the hopes that all our basics needs will just miraculously be covered by the gods, but I would like to pose a few questions to you.

If you look at your current job, are you able to ask yourself this question and come up with a satisfying answer: Is your job serving a higher purpose?
By that I am merely asking if what you do some how improves, enriches or fullfills someones life other than your own. Infact does your job satisfy your needs and again I am not only referring to the basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing etc. I am directing these questions more towards spiritual needs or holistical needs if you will.

With your job in mind ask yourselves the question, what is it that you "crave" when it comes to your job? Is that craving being fed in any way? What you are craving from your job and what you are recieving from your job do they add up or balance each other out in any way? If so then it might be safe to say that you are of the few who are satisfied by their jobs and what it means in their lives and the lives of others. And that is great!

For some of us all that we get from our jobs is a pay check at the end of each month, and I wonder if that is ever or will ever be enough? if it is then you must be getting paid a whole lot more than the rest of us out there...lol, which is great for you. That brings me to another question, does how much we earn automatically dictate whether we are happy in our jobs or not?

These are simply just my thoughts and I would love to hear what you think so feel free to leave commments and we can get into a bit more at a later stage.

Until next time

Meagan

No comments: